jeudi 22 juillet 2010

Just starting to settle...


Vive la Belgique! Leve België! Viva Belgica! Yesterday was Belgium's National Day after all. Nothing wrong with a bit of national pride, right?

I've embarked myself on an "Idiot-Proof Diet" about a week ago. Needless to say it was about time! Since my last radiation I had gained... 15 kilo's! Yes, in 5 months I got close to a monstrous size... Can't even say how big I was.

Anyway, so I'm well on my way to go from pig to twig now. Just weighed myself now And I lost 4 kilo's!!! Wohhoo! It works!!! If I keep losing 4 kilo's a week (not happening), I'll reach my goal weight in only 6 weeks! BUT, I need to stay realistic. The first 2 weeks you do lose a lot of excess fat. After that, I know I'll be struggling... But I'm up for it! This year I shall become a skinny bitch. HA! Positive thinking though, that's the secret, heh? Naaah, I'm just kidding. I just want to be healthy and feel good about myself.

I had an appointment with Dr. Sweetheart a couple of weeks ago. I've never seen him so smiley and happy to see me (it's been 6 months). He was very pleased about the healing of my scar and how the tissue is settling, even though it's still early stages. Apparently, you can only talk about the result of a scar ONE YEAR after the op. Here's me thinking I'm deformed for life, and he's like "perfect! much better than I expected". Huh?? if you say so, doc....

He's given me pills (natural stuff) to beat the hot flushes I get since the therapy. They've helped a bit... but the heatwave all over Europe doesn't help. I can only sleep with a fan on all night. Otherwise I freak out. Literally.

Now, for your enjoyment: Janelle Monaé:

1 commentaire:

  1. Altijd interessante nieuwe muziek bij u. Dit deed me niet alleen denken aan James Brown, maar het enthousiasme van de muzikanten ook aan dit tof filmpje van Estelle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNFN8GMHAZ4&feature=related

    RépondreSupprimer